Location: Kuwait Oilfields, Kuwait
Objective of the work is to Use CFD Analysis to estimate the maldistribution in the tube bundles. CFD Analysis was used to determine the chances of flooding inside certain pipes due to maldistribution. For the simulated maldistribution in bundle tubes, calculate the reduction in heat transfer accounting for maldistribution in flow across tube bundles. Suggest modification in design to reduce maldistribution in flow across tube bundles.
CFD simulations show that maldistribution is observed inside the tube bundles.Low droplet size produces high liquid maldistribution while larger droplets show lower liquid maldistribution across the tube bundles. It is therefore conservatively concluded that the reduction in overall heat transfer coefficient in the air cooled heat exchanger will not be of the same order as observed flow maldistribution and therefore requires no additional design modifications.
Modifications in the Air Cooled Condenser Turbine Exhaust Duct & Risers for:
Equal distribution of steam mass flow rate in each riser outlet & to minimize the swirl effect in the risers
Air Cooled Heat exchanger CFD Analysis to:
1) Estimate the Maldistribution in the tube bundles
2) Study the chances of flooding inside the pipes due to maldistribution
3) To calculate the reduction in heat transfer
4) Suggest Design Modifications
5) To minimize the pollutant formation such as NOx
6) To increase the flame characteristics and Burner efficiency
7) Specification application in the area of:
8) Gas Dispersion and Flare Analysis
9) Fire and Smoke modelling